4/23/08

NAME VARUVAL(FRY)


Wondering about the name of the dish!!!!...No...its not a typing mistake.... name of the veg used is "Name".... in US heheee :)(pronounced as namee)I think its another type of wild yam. I havn't see this in any other shop except Shope rite. It looks like Pidi karunai available in Tamilnadu.But tastes like Karunai kizhangu.
I used to love Karunai kizhangu soo much that i was missing it when i came here but soon saw this veg once in Shop rite ,it reminded me of Pidi karunai so tried this and soon this became one of my fav veg available in US :)

Very simple but umm ...yummy.

INGREDIENTS:


Name-1 big
Tomato-1 small
Onion-1 small
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Sambar powder/chill powder-to taste
Salt-to taste
Corn flour(yellow)-2 or 3 tbs
oil-to shallow fry


METHOD:


1)Pressure cook name.
2)when cool, peel off the skin and slice it.
3)slice onion
4)Grind tomato
5)Mix Turmeric powder,salt,sambar/chilli powder and ground tomatoes with the sliced name and marinate for 5 min.
6)Heat oil and fry tomatoes till transperant and add name and cook .
7) when the vegetable becomes dry add corn flour and shallow fry for somemore time .


Goes well with any rice

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape